Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Huckabee for President

Just got an email from the Home School Legal Defense Association's Political Action Committee regarding their endorsement of former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee.

Interesting statistics/views:

  • As governor, he was the first to appoint a homeschooler to the Arkansas State Board of Education.

  • He is adamantly opposed to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child

  • He supports traditional marriage.

  • He believes that the Internal Revenue Service should be abolished and replaced with the Fair Tax.

  • He believes and is willing to say that Islamic extremism needs to be understood as a theologically driven threat.

Mike on faith and politics:
My faith is my life – it defines me. My faith doesn’t influence my decisions, it drives them. For example, when it comes to the environment, I believe in being a good steward of the earth. I don’t separate my faith from my personal and professional lives.

Mike on the 2nd Amendment:
I was the first Governor in the country to have a concealed handgun license, and of course I’m a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association.

Mike Huckabee sounds like a pretty good guy, with real-life governing experience -- not some wannabe that popped his head out of the Senate.

And best of all, Mike is not a prig:
Huckabee, 51, enjoys playing bass guitar in his rock-n-roll band.

I will definitely be keeping track of Mr. Huckabee throughout the U.S. Presidential Campaign.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me it's a toss-up between Huckabee and Fred Thompson. But I'm leaning towards Huckabee. I also really respect the fact that he got off his ass & lost 100 lbs. At his age! What a great example for a couch potato like me.

Anonymous said...

You can't forget Sam Brownback. He stood up for General Pace after he condemned homosexuality, and has great ratings from the Club for growth.