Thursday, June 21, 2007

Online Audio Books

I may be a little bit behind. I just discovered through one of my many geek resources an online provider for public domain audio books -- LibriVox. With mature search capabilities and a growing selection of books, they cover a wide range of topics. Each book contains a link to the e-text as provided by Gutenberg. The even provide an RSS feed of New Releases.

I am currently downloading The Imitation of Christ, by Thomas a Kempis. Other interesting finds include P.G. Wodehouse, Geoffrey Chaucer, and William Shakespeare.

This site is a very nice distraction from the rest of the stuff that I normally look at online.

2 comments:

M. Alexander said...

I got my husband St. Louis de Montfort's True Devotion to Marriage. The problem is that the first 20 minutes of the tape is someone disavowing everything St. Louis de Monfort says! It gave me a headache.

Happily he was able to get past that and enjoyed listening to it.

Me, I tune the audio out- a necessity given the daily clamor or I would have gone mad long ago.

Unknown said...

Hey Nice Blog re............ I liked it a lot............ Nowadays it is very easy to download audio Books........ I know this because im running in the same way from so many years..........
There is good news for audio book lovers. Being an audio book fan I come across a literary sensation book Possession which won the Booker prize. This is an exhilarating novel of wit and romance. Get your copy at ”Audio Books”